Are you planning a website overhaul this year?
WordPress is our CMS of choice. It’s flexible, robust and great for rapid content deployment.
But any digital project can be frustrating, confusing and lose focus. So the team at WPMUdev compiled a list of 8 tactics to maximise your chances of WordPress success.
More than one of these points resonated with Shack West and our client-base. In a nut-shell:
1. Know why you’re embarking on the project to begin with;
2. Share the load with colleagues and developers;
3. Run content as a separate project – keep it separate from the technical website build;
4. Don’t recycle old content – remember why you’re overhauling the site to begin with;
5. Break the project into manageable, realistic stages;
6. Stick to key messages, stay on target and keep focused;
7. Use a premium WordPress theme, where most of the hard work has already been done in terms of development; and
8. Plan the next phase straight away – understand that a website is never actually ‘finished’, and people only engage with what’s new and fresh.
You can read the full article here. It’s worth a few minutes of your time, and might even save you time (and money) before you embark on your next WordPress project.